Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shiny Equipment



Yesterday I went to Valley Restaurant Equipment, a great place to buy used equipment here in Eugene. I'd been eying a stainless equipment stand (table) for a while. It was in good condition but priced a bit high. Usually the guys there cut quite a bit off the asking price, but I still wanted to research a bit to see what other used ones would go for in the area. I ended up getting it for a pretty fair price and took it home yesterday. It will be a necessity for the griddle I want to get.

I've been looking at 3 ft gas griddles for a while now, searching around for deals on used, and trying to find the best possible prices on new. I kind of have my heart set on a particular brand. But if I can get a good used griddle from another maker, I would go for it if the price was right. I went up to Rose's Restaurant Equipment last week and saw their huge selection of used and new. A lot of the used griddle were in poor shape, but apparently they fix and polish them up pretty good. Used seem to still command a high price, so this gives me a little peace of mind in that my investment will retain it's value if I have to lay out extra for a new one.

A griddle will be essential for the menu expansion in 2009. Cheesesteaks, quesadillas, and breakfast scrambles can be done with ease on this awesome piece of equipment. The only thing that isn't awesome is that is weighs 250 lbs! That is why I needed the heavy duty equipment stand above.

No comments:

Post a Comment